Deepak Chopra is a new age guru and an alternative medicine practitioner whose net worth is around $80 million.This owes much to his incredible rise to prominence as a faith healer and alternative medicine practitioner who has spoken about the umbilical connection between the mind and the body. An endocrinologist by profession and a Hindu by faith, Deepak Chopra hails from India but went on to study Ayurveda and set up the American Association of Ayurvedic Medicine after his interaction with Acharya Mahesh Yogi. Having bridged the gap between Science, medicine and spiritualism, he has provided answers to many modern life style conditions that have slowly eroded the core of spiritualism in the western societies in particular.
Wiki, Biography, Age, Siblings, Information & Contact
Wiki, Age, Family and Relationship
|Full Name||Deepak Chopra|
|Nickname||Deepak Chopra |
|Family Members||Priya Chopra , Kanika Chopra|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1946|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Spouse||Rita Chopra |
|Children||Mallika Chopra, Gautama Chopra|
|Affair with||Rita Chopra |
|Profession||Alternative Medicine Advocate, Public speaker, Writer|
|Net Worth|| $80 Million |
|Education||All India Institutes of Medical Sciences , St. Columba’s School|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||1.78 m in feet inches-5′ 10”|
|Weight||85 kg |
|Favourite Film||Frank Capra’s Lost Horizon from 1937 |
|Favourite Singer(s)||Michael Jackson|
Biography, Net Worth, Informations and Little Known Facts
- Chopra completed his primary education at St. Columba’s School in New Delhi and graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1969.
- Between 1971 and 1977, he completed residencies in internal medicine at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Massachusetts, the VA Medical Center, St Elizabeth’s Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He earned his license to practice medicine in the state of Massachusetts in 1973, becoming board certified in internal medicine, specializing in endocrinology.
- While visiting New Delhi in 1981, he met the Ayurvedic physician Brihaspati Dev Triguna, head of the Indian Council for Ayurvedic Medicine, whose advice prompted him to begin investigating Ayurvedic practices.
- He became the founding president of the American Association of Ayurvedic Medicine, one of the founders of Maharishi Ayur-Veda Products International, and medical director of the Maharishi Ayur-Veda Health Center in Lancaster, Massachusetts.enemas and oil baths. Celebrity patients included Elizabeth Taylor , Chopra also became one of the TM movement’s spokespersons.
- In June 1993, he moved to California as executive director of Sharp HealthCare’s Institute for Human Potential and Mind/Body Medicine, and head of their Center for Mind/Body Medicine, a clinic in an exclusive resort in Del Mar,
- Chopra left the Transcendental Meditation movement around the time he moved to California in January 1993
- In 1995, Chopra was not licensed to practice medicine in California where he had a clinic; however, he did not see patients at this clinic “as a doctor” during this time In 2004 he received his California medical licence, and as of 2014 is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California. Chopra is the owner and supervisor of the Mind-Body Medical Group within the Chopra Center, which in addition to standard medical treatment offers personalized advice about nutrition, sleep-wake cycles and stress management, based on mainstream medicine and Ayurveda.He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Net Worth $80 Million
Source of Wealth: New Age Medicine, Writing
He went on to lay the foundation of the Chopra Center for Well Being along with the neurologist David Simon having regaled scientists and religious heads equally with the powerful treatise that he has presented on spiritual healing in the modern social scenario. Right from the University of California to the American Medical Association, all line up to Deepak Chopra to conduct affiliate programs for their researchers .The Chopra Foundation which came about in 2009 sponsors numerous research on spiritual healing a, alternative medicine and education.
A prolific writer with numerous books to his name including several best sellers, his is a name to reckon with in the modern times who has been accepted universally by the west and the east.