American computer engineer and programmer, Stephen Gary “Woz” Wozniak, has an estimated net worth of $100 million. Steve Wozniak founded Apple Computer, Co. (now Apple Inc.) with co-founders, Steve Jobs, and Ronald Wayne. They designed, developed, and marketed one of the first commercially successful lines of personal computers, the Apple II series. Wozniak and Jobs assembled the first prototypes of the Apple computer in Jobs’ bedroom and later in Jobs’ garage. Wozniak was born August 11, 1950 in San Jose, California.
Wiki, Biography, Age, Siblings, Information & Contact
Wiki, Age, Family and Relationship
|Full Name||Stephen Wozniak|
|Father||Francis Jacob Wozniak|
|Mother||Margaret Louise Wozniak|
|Siblings||Mark Wozniak , Leslie Wozniak|
|Family Members||Suzanne Mulkern , Candice Clark , Alice Robertson (Ex wives)|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1950|
|Birthplace||San Jose, California, United States|
|Children||Sara Nadine Wozniak , Jesse John Wozniak , Stephen Gary Wozniak Jr.|
|Affair with||Janet Hill |
|Profession||Computer Engineer and Programmer|
|Active Year||1970 |
|Net Worth||$100 Million|
|Assets/Properties||Apple Computer , Acquicor Technology,|
|Education||University of California , De Anza College , UC Berkeley College of Engineering|
Physical Stats & More
Biography, Net Worth, Informations and Little Known Facts
Net Worth $100 Million
Source of Wealth: Apple Computers
- Wozniak designed and built a “Cream Soda” computer with his friend Bill Fernandez
- Wozniak was introduced to Jobs by Fernandez, who attended Homestead High School with Jobs in 1971.
- In 1973, Jobs was working for arcade game company Atari, Inc. in Los Gatos, California. He was assigned to create a circuit board for the arcade video game Breakout. According to Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell
- In 1975, Wozniak began designing and developing the computer that
- would eventually make him famous, the Apple I. On June 29 of that year, he tested his first working prototype, displaying a few letters and running sample programs. It was the first time in history that a character displayed on a TV screen was generated by a home computer
- Wozniak resigned from his job at Hewlett-Packard and became the vice president in charge of research and development at Apple. He and Jobs decided on the name “Apple” shortly after Jobs returned from an apple orchard in Oregon. Wozniak’s Apple I was similar to the Altair 8800, the first commercially available microcomputer
- After the success of the Apple I, Wozniak designed the Apple II, the first personal computer that had the ability to display color graphics, and BASIC programming language built-in$ Inspired by “the technique Atari used to simulate colors on its first arcade games”, Wozniak found a way of putting colors into the NTSC system by using a $1 chip$ while colors in the PAL system were achieved by “accident” when a dot occurred on a line, and to this day he has no idea how it works. During the design stage, Steve Jobs argued that the Apple II should have two expansion slots, while Wozniak wanted eight.After a heated argument, during which Wozniak had threatened for Jobs to ‘go get himself another computer’, they decided to go with eight slots. Jobs and Wozniak introduced the Apple II at the 1977 West Coast Computer Faire. It became one of the first highly successful mass-produced personal computers in the world.
- In 2001, Wozniak founded Wheels of Zeus (WOZ), to create wireless GPS technology to “help everyday people find everyday things much more easily”. In 2002, he joined the board of directors of Ripcord Networks, Inc.
- in a new telecommunications venture. Later the same year he joined the board of directors of Danger, Inc., the maker of the Hip Top.
- In 2006, Wheels of Zeus was closed, and Wozniak founded Acquicor Technology, a holding company for acquiring technology companies and developing them, with Apple alumni Hancock and Amelio. From 2009 through 2014
- In October 2017, Wozniak founded Woz U, an online educational technology service for independent students and employees
In the 1970s Wozniak created the Apple I and Apple II computers. Wozniak is credited with being the sole creator of the original Apple hardware, operating system, and circuit board designs. Wozniak’s machines and inventions are credited with influencing the personal computer revolution in the 1970s. Wozniak co-founded Wheels of Zeus in 2001, to create wireless GPS technology in order to help the average person on the street find everyday things more easily.