Retired electronics industry worker Ronald Wayne has an estimated net worth of $300 thousand as of 2012. He is known to be one of the founders of Apple Computer (Apple Inc.) together with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Eventually, he decided to give up his shares of the company for only $800.
Ronald Gerald Wayne was born on May 17, 1934 in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.
Wiki, Biography, Age, Siblings, Information & Contact
Wiki, Age, Family and Relationship
|Full Name||Ronald Gerald Wayne |
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1934|
|Birthplace||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|Profession||Electronics Industry Worker|
|Net Worth||$300 Thousand|
|Education||High School of Art and Design|
Physical Stats & More
Biography, Net Worth, Informations and Little Known Facts
- In 1956, aged 22, he moved to California. In 1971, Wayne started his first business, a company selling slot machines. The company failed, with Wayne reflecting in 2014 that, “I discovered very quickly that I had no business being in business. I was far better working in engineering.
- In 1976, Ronald Wayne built the internal corporate documentation systems at the three-year-old Atari, where he met coworkers Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak To help settle one of their typical intense discussions about the design of computers and the future of the industry
- Wayne has stated in following decades that he does not regret selling his share of the company as he made the “best decision with the information available to me at the time
- After leaving Apple, Wayne resisted Jobs’s attempts to get him to return, remaining at Atari until 1978, when he joined Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and later an electronics company in Salinas, California.
- In the late 1970s, Wayne had run a stamp shop in Milpitas, California for a short time, Wayne’s Philatelics.
- In the early 1990s, Wayne sold the original Apple partnership contract paper, signed in 1976 by Jobs, Wozniak, and himself, for US$500. In 2011, the contract was sold at auction for $1.6 millionWayne has stated that he regrets that sale.
Net Worth $300 Thousand
Source of Wealth: Apple, Atari
After the trio founded Apple on April 1, 1976, it was Ronald Wayne who drew the original partnership agreement, the first Apple logo and the Apple I manual. April 12, 1976, he relinquished his stock in the company.
When he left Apple, he resisted any attempts made by Steve Jobs to bring him back to Apple. Also, he never had any Apple product until 2011. Currently, he holds 12 patents which never brought him money due to lack of capital. Apart from being an industry worker, Ronald Wayne is also an author. He wrote Adventures of an Apple Founder and Insolence of Office. He also appeared on Welcome to Macintosh which enabled him to discuss his experiences with Apple Computer as well as Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs.