Everyone is deeply confused about a tweet posted yesterday on the Twitter page of Washington Blade White House reporter Chris Johnson in which the openly gay reporter appeared to be thirsty for Anti-Gay Senator Josh Hawley.
At around 5pm Monday afternoon, Johnson tweeted, “I’m on Capitol Hill and just saw Senator Hawley pass by. Her chest is so constructed that you can see her protruding from under her costume. I’m sorry but it’s true.
I’m on Capitol Hill and just saw Senator Hawley go by.
Her chest is so constructed that you can see her protruding from under her costume. I’m sorry but it’s true.
– Chris Johnson (@ chrisjohnson82) April 26, 2021
The tweet came out completely out of nowhere and left many wondering: why is the highly respected chief political reporter at one of the country’s oldest LGBTQ newspapers publicly thirsty for one of the most popular members. more homophobic in Congress?
Do not mistake yourself. We respect Johnson and his reporting. He does a good job and has had to overcome real obstacles to get to where he is today. He was also a vocal critic of the Trump administration’s treatment of the press and clashed with Kayleigh McEnany on several occasions.
Kayleigh McEnany just told @kaitlancollins to “come and work at the White House” in response to her question about who is working on Trump’s health care plan.
Isn’t the purpose of the World Heritage information session to find out more about what’s going on with World Heritage policy?
– Chris Johnson (@ chrisjohnson82) September 16, 2020
It’s part of what makes Hawley thirsty to tweet such a head scraper.
In addition to opposing the equality law, Hawley criticized the Supreme Court’s decision to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in the workplace. He has also spoken out against same-sex marriage, believes businesses should have the legal right to deny services to LGBTQ people based on religious objections, and believes taxpayer-funded adoption agencies should be allowed. to discriminate against same-sex couples.
Here’s how folx responded to Johnson’s thirsty tweet …
We are not thirsty for fascists
– Rocket Fuel Josh 🌹 (@ JoshNH4H) April 27, 2021
– Jordan Willow Evans 😷 (@jordarooski) April 26, 2021
it’s thirsty squeaky shit here 😬😬
– End the filibuster. (@thatguycam__) April 27, 2021
– Chad Darnell (@ChadDarnell) April 27, 2021
You would all be like Gucci Hitler Thigh Boots !! 🥰 sorry lmao that’s just the truth lmao! strut king!
– brandon (@brndntweets) April 27, 2021
Your meal, sir. pic.twitter.com/rnJfn3aQ5g
– parisinla (@parisinla) April 27, 2021
Happy LGBTQIA visibility day to all!
– Sun (@ Suncelnumber2) April 27, 2021
– Nick Murphy (@realnickmurphy) April 27, 2021
what is his political position on the astroglide?
– Art Martin (@ gartmartin9) April 27, 2021
– Toxic Nostalgist (@ imbuemyblue87) April 27, 2021
Did you have a hot tingling or something why would you have to tweet this.
– Your Ambiguously Brown Emotional Support Canadian (@GammaReigh) April 27, 2021
– Jared Gray (@MisterJaredGray) April 27, 2021
Yeah I bet there were some super-built Nazis too
– Paul 💐 (@sailorbluto) April 27, 2021
– Devin Nunes Cow 🐮 (@DevinCow) April 27, 2021
Queerty tried to contact Johnson for comment, but we were unable to reach him. So Chris, if you’re reading, give us a [email protected]! We would love to know the story behind this tweet.
Graham Gremore is editor and editor at Queerty. Follow him on Twitter @grahamgremore.