American-Taiwanese Steven Shih Chen has an estimated net worth of $300 million as of 2012. He is known to be Chief Technology Officer and one of the founders of the world-renowned website YouTube.
Originating from Taipei Taiwan, Steve Chen’s family migrated to the U.S.A. when he was just 15 years old. He studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he finished his degree in Computer Science.
Born on August 18, 1978, Steve Chen is currently married to Park Ji-hyun with whom he has a son.
Wiki, Biography, Age, Siblings, Information & Contact
Wiki, Age, Family and Relationship
|Full Name||Steven Shih Chen|
|Date of Birth||August 18, 1978|
|Affair with||Park Ji-hyun|
|Net Worth|| $300 Million|
|Assets/Properties||Co-founder of AVOS |
Co-founder of YouTube
|Education||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
Physical Stats & More
Biography, Net Worth, Informations and Little Known Facts
- Chen was an employee at PayPal, where he first met Chad Hurley and Jawed Karim. Chen was also an early employee at Facebook, although he left after several months to start YouTube
- In 2005, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim and Chen founded YouTube, with Chen having the position of chief technology officer. In June 2006, Chen was named by Business 2.0 as one of “The 50 people who matter now” in business
- On October 16, 2006, Chen and Hurley sold YouTube to Google, Inc. for $1.65 billion. Chen received 625,366 shares of Google and an additional 68,721 in a trust as part of the sale. As of 2018, the Google shares are valued at $729 million.
- He and Hurley started AVOS Systems which acquired Delicious from Yahoo! Inc.
- Chen was listed as one of the 15 Asian Scientists To Watch by Asian Scientist Magazine on 15 May 2011.
- Chen started the live streaming food network called Nom.com in 2016 along with Vijay Karunamurthy. In 2017 the live streaming food network was shut down, with its Twitter feed switched to private and Facebook account left idle since March, 2017.
Net Worth $300 Million
Source of Wealth: YouTube
Before his successful stint with YouTube, Steve Chen served as an employee for PayPal and Facebook as well. Together with Jawed Karim and Chad Hurley, Steve Chen co-founded YouTube. He became the Chief Technology Officer and in June 2006, he was hailed as the “The 50 people who matter now” by the Business 2.0.
In October 2006, Hurley and Chen sold YouTube to Google for a staggering cost of $1.65 billion. In May 2011, Steve Chen was named by Asian Scientist Magazine as one of top 15 Asian Scientists To Watch.