Rep. Jim Jordan from Ohio should perhaps consider taking a break from Twitter for a while, because every time he tweets it blows up in his face.
Yesterday was no exception.
Jordan tweeted misleading remarks about Democrats’ response to COVID-19 on Monday, then clumsily tried to link it to people crossing the U.S. border.
“Democrats: won’t let your kids go to school. Will not allow restaurants to open at 100% capacity. But doesn’t seem to care about # COVID19 when it comes to illegal migrants crossing the border. Why? ”He wrote.
-Do not let your children go to school.
-Do not let restaurants open at 100% of their capacity.
-But don’t seem to care about # COVID19 when it comes to illegal migrants crossing the border.
– Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) March 22, 2021
We could spend some time checking Jordan’s tweet and explaining why it’s extremely inaccurate, but that’s really not the most interesting part of this story.
The interesting part is how people reacted to it, mainly by reminding the homophobic lawmaker once again of this college gay sex abuse scandal that has haunted him for years.
Related: Representative Jim Jordan’s College Gay Sex Abuse Scandal Comes Back To Haunt Him Once Again
In 2018, Jordan was accused of ignoring allegations of sexual misconduct made against the team’s doctor while working as an assistant coach for the Ohio State Men’s Wrestling Team. Not only that, but he was also accused of aiding and abetting the cover-up.
Jordan, a stalwart of Trump, has long denied the allegations and swears he never witnessed abuse in the locker room or participated in a cover-up, to which almost everyone has said …
And now the responses to Jordan’s tweet yesterday …
– ℕ (@TBunkbed) March 22, 2021
Gym Jordan is a complete idiot.
– Angela Belcamino (@AngelaBelcamino) March 22, 2021
Maybe they are afraid of the assistant coach !!!!
– Brenda Lee (@BrendaLeeNY) March 22, 2021
Jim, what did you do to help? I look forward to hearing your report!
– Eileen McFarlane (@ EileenMcFarlan1) March 22, 2021
Jim doesn’t seem to care about reporting abuse.
– Jo Flow (@ JoWolf612) March 22, 2021
Why have you turned your back on these wrestlers! Https: //t.co/lWabipp7Nm
– Steelers90fan (@ Steelers7890fan) March 22, 2021
– will not protect young men from sexual assault
– will not speak to punish the aggressor
– It’s Lloyd, it’s Lloyd. It is null and void. (@ Gatorpaul4) March 22, 2021
Don’t shower with Gym Jordan! pic.twitter.com/R2JVL7TMhp
– Scott Penland (@ scolo09) March 22, 2021
Don’t forget the abuse at Ohio State Gym. This should have been fixed before the pandemic.
– rjhvac (@ Ralphcampbell19) March 22, 2021
– cover up sexual abuse
– support #SeditionCaucus
– lie and cry 24/7
– KTYGraphics ✍ (@ CathyGraphics2) March 22, 2021
Additionally, Jim Jordan closed his eyes as the Ohio wrestlers were assaulted by the team medic. He did nothing to right the wrongs. It has also not passed a law for 14 years. #CancelJimJordan
– Tink (@ tink_240) March 22, 2021
Google: Jim Jordan fight
– Tim (@ Tae00Tim) March 22, 2021
Why is the right gym? pic.twitter.com/I3Ikvh99un
– Donald’s Pandemic (@MustweSuffer) March 22, 2021
Graham Gremore is editor and editor at Queerty. Follow him on Twitter @grahamgremore.